Wrongful Death Claims
A wrongful death claim is a lawsuit brought by the surviving family members of someone who died as a result of another person’s carelessness, or from an intentional act. Proof that those filing the claim have been harmed as a consequence of the death is central to the wrongful death claim.
Wrongful death laws allow the courts to award compensation to the family members of a wrongful death victim. While statutes of limitation and recoverable damages categories vary from state to state, depending on the state and the cause of death, compensation is generally awarded for the following:
- Compensation for and payment of hospital bills and medical treatment of the person who died as a result of another person’s carelessness, or from an intentional cat;
- Compensation for the deceased person’s pre-death pain and suffering;
- Compensation for and payment of costs involved in the funeral;
- Compensation for the loss of the deceased’s income which the surviving family members rely upon;
- Payment of compensation loss of any inheritance that is a result of the death.
Paying attention to the kind of detail involved in filing a Wrongful Death claim can be overwhelming when one is in the midst of dealing with the loss of a loved one. You want a knowledgeable, experienced attorney to be at your side throughout the process, who you can depend on to fight for your best interests.
Lloyd J. Eisenberg will personally handle your case, assuring all calls are promptly returned and keeping you fully informed at each step until your case is resolved. You will quickly learn that your case is being handled with competence, care, and compassion. Lloyd J. Eisenberg will ensure that you receive every dollar of every benefit to which you are entitled. If a hearing is necessary, Mr. Eisenberg will prepare you and personally be by your side throughout each proceeding. He has represented clients in hundreds of cases within the states of Maryland, the District of Columbia and Virginia.
If you are in need of excellent, compassionate and experienced representation for a Wrongful Death claim, call Lloyd J. Eisenberg at (301) 596-3636 or email email@example.com for an appointment or free consultation. Let Mr. Eisenberg and his very capable team help you receive the help you are looking for and deserving of.