If you have been injured in a parking lot accident due to another party’s negligence, you are likely eligible to recover compensation for your damages. Continue reading to learn the steps you can take to increase your chances of filing a successful claim after a parking lot accident. If you require assistance with your upcoming claim, look no further than our experienced Howard County parking lot accident attorneys.
What are the most common causes of parking lot accidents?
There are various factors that may cause a parking lot accident to occur. However, the most common cause of parking lot accidents is negligence. Read on to learn the most common forms of negligence to lead to parking lot accidents:
- Inadequate security
- Standing water
- Insufficient parking lot lights
- Failure to remove weather-related hazards
What should I do after a parking lot accident?
It is important to have a plan after being injured in a parking lot accident. Consider taking the following steps while you are still at the scene of the accident to increase your chances of filing a successful claim in the future:
- Call the police. They will conduct a police report and bring an ambulance to the scene to treat injuries.
- While you wait for the ambulance to arrive, if you can, take photos and videos of the scene of your accident. This should include any hazards that may have played a role in your accident.
- If there were any witnesses to your accident, collect their contact information including their name, email address, and phone number.
- As soon as the ambulance arrives, seek medical treatment.
- Once your medical treatment is complete, collect all relevant medical documentation.
- Reach out to an experienced Maryland personal injury lawyer. Your lawyer will work to recover further evidence of your accident to support your claim such as surveillance footage of your accident as it happened.
What is the statute of limitations for parking lot accident claims in Maryland?
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Maryland is generally three years. This means that you will be required to file your personal injury claim within three years from the date of your parking lot accident. This timeframe is important to understand because failure to file within three years may result in you being barred from suing. To avoid this and to get started with this process as soon as possible, give our firm a call today. The sooner you can bring attention to your claim, the better. Our Howard County personal injury attorney will work to satisfy the burden of proof to recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact our Firm
If you or a family member have been injured in a personal injury accident and wish to speak with an attorney, contact Lloyd J. Eisenberg & Associates today.