If you have sustained life-changing injuries in a car accident, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney who can assist you in filing a claim to recover the compensation you deserve. To learn more about taking legal action after a car accident and the steps you can take to increase your chances of filing a valid claim, continue reading. For assistance with your upcoming claim, do not hesitate to contact our experienced Howard County car accident attorneys. We are here to help.
What are the most common causes of car accidents?
Unfortunately, the majority of car accidents are caused by driver negligence. The most common forms of negligence to lead to car accidents are as follows:
- Reckless driving
- Using other electronic devices while driving
- Driving tired
- Excessive speeding
- Driving distractedDisregarding traffic signs or signals
- Texting and driving
- Drunk or drugged driving
What are the most common types of car accidents?
There are various types of car accidents. The most common types of accidents are as follows:
- Side-impact collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Multi-car pile-ups
How can I recover compensation after a car accident?
To protect yourself and to increase your chances of filing a successful claim, consider taking the following steps immediately after your car accident:
- Call the police. The authorities will document the scene by conducting a police report. They will also conduct chemical testing and bring medical assistance to the scene to treat injuries.
- While you wait for the police and ambulance to arrive, if you can, photograph the scene of the accident including any damage to vehicle or property.
- Photograph your injuries.
- Collect any witnesses’ contact information including their name, phone number, and email address.
- Collect the other party’s insurance information. Avoid admitting any fault in the accident during this conversation.
- Once the ambulance arrives, seek immediate medical attention. Going to the hospital can also provide you with crucial proof of the origin and degree of your injuries.
- Collect all medical documentation relating to your treatment.
- Contact a skilled personal injury lawyer who will work to collect further evidence to support your claim. This may include security camera footage of your accident as it happened.
If you have any further questions or concerns about your upcoming personal injury claim, do not hesitate to reach out to our Howard County personal injury attorney. Our legal team is prepared to fight for your right to compensation. To learn more about our services, give our firm a call today.
Contact our Firm
If you or a family member have been injured in a personal injury accident and wish to speak with an attorney, contact Lloyd J. Eisenberg & Associates today.