Are you planning to visit family this holiday season? If so, you may find yourself in an airport, rushing to catch a flight. Because airports have so many amenities, there are many different facets to maintain. If these amenities are not properly maintained, you can become seriously injured. Read on to learn more about airport accidents and what to do if you are injured.
What are the Most Common Accidents?
As previously mentioned, there are a lot of different ways to get injured in an airport. Some of the most common ways include:
- Slip and falls
- Beverage spills and wet bathroom floors can cause serious injury
- Parking lot accidents
- A poorly maintained parking lot can be dangerous. This may include potholes, insufficient lighting, and insufficient security measures.
- Airport construction, maintenance, renovations, and debris
- Faulty elevators and escalators
- An injury at baggage claim
- Curbside accidents
- Transportation accidents
What Should I do if I am Injured?
If you are injured, there are a few important steps you should take:
- Seek medical attention
- If you are injured, you will need to seek proper medical attention. This will allow you to make sure your injuries are properly cared for while also documenting your injury.
- Collect evidence
- You will need to prove that some sort of negligence caused your accident. To do this, you should take photos and videos of the hazardous conditions that caused your accident. Additionally, you should collect the contact information of those who witnessed the accident. An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to gather further evidence, such as security footage.
- File in time
- If you wish to pursue legal action, you will need to file your personal injury claim within a certain amount of time. This deadline is known as a statute of limitations. Typically, in the state of Maryland, injured parties have a three-year statute of limitations on a personal injury case to file a lawsuit. This means if you do not file within three years from the date of your accident, you will likely lose your opportunity to receive compensation. Additionally, airports are usually considered government property. This means that you will need to file a Notice of Claim. This will let the airport know that you intend to take legal action. A Notice of Claim is filed early on in the process, so it is important that you begin the legal process promptly. Contact a skilled personal injury attorney to ensure that you do not miss any important deadlines.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an airport accident, reach out to our firm to discuss your case today.
Contact our Firm
If you or a family member have been injured in a car accident, contact Lloyd J. Eisenberg & Associates today.