When you are involved in an automotive collision, your whole world can be turned upside down. Aside from the extensive repairs your car may need to run properly again, you may be facing exorbitant medical bills resulting from an injury you sustained in the crash. All of this can add up to a reduced or restricted ability to work, potential permanent disability, and a negative impact on your overall quality of life. At times like these, you need a car accident attorney you can trust to provide you with the best legal counsel and representation, so you can make sure you are getting what you deserve. Here are 5 things to look for when selecting the car accident attorney who is best for you and your situation.
What to Look for in a Car Accident Attorney
- Experience– Choosing a car accident attorney with years of experience under his or her belt is essential. After all, this means your attorney will have a great deal of knowledge of personal injury law, as well as a good amount of expertise in handling cases just like yours in court. This can give you the edge you need to receive the settlement you deserve!
- Reputation– In the age of online reviews, it’s easy to find out what others are saying about a car accident attorney you are considering hiring. Highly reputable car accident attorneys are certain to have many good reviews about their level of expertise and care from former or existing clients. Additionally, you can always ask your friends and neighbors if they have any trusted recommendations for a car accident attorney they like- an attorney’s reputation speaks volumes about his or her practice.
- Professionalism– When you visit a prospective car accident attorney for your initial consultation, make sure you feel as though you are in a highly professional environment. If the attorney says or does anything that puts you off or makes you feel like he or she may not be qualified to effectively represent you, go with your gut and look elsewhere. A trustworthy car accident attorney should conduct his or her practice in a professional manner at all times.
- Personality– One of the most important factors of your relationship with your car accident attorney is whether his or her personality is a good fit for yours. While you and your attorney don’t necessarily have to be best friends, it is crucial that you feel comfortable enough with him or her to let down your guard and give all the important details of your accident. If your personality doesn’t mesh with that of a prospective car accident attorney, keep looking.
- Reliability– You are trusting your car accident attorney to handle your case, and the care with which he or she handles it can make or break the settlement agreement you receive. Because of this it is vital that your car accident attorney is 100 percent reliable and trustworthy. This means you can trust him or her to handle all evidence properly, return your calls within a reasonable amount of time, and file paperwork and other necessary court documents ahead of the deadline. An unreliable car accident attorney can make your entire case can fall apart- it’s important to find one you can count on!
Call an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Columbia, MD
If you are a victim of a car accident in or around Baltimore, MD, choose the car accident attorney who will fight for your rights and keep you informed each step of the way. Lloyd J. Eisenberg and Associates are here to help get you back on track following a serious car accident. For an experienced, trustworthy and reputable team of personal injury lawyers in Baltimore and surrounding areas, turn to Lloyd J. Eisenberg and Associates.